The U.S. isn’t content to devastate Iraq, said Kian Mokhtari in Iran’s Kayhan. It wants to keep wreaking "war, mass murder, torture, rape and total destruction" throughout the region. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said recently the U.S. would extend a "defense umbrella" over the Gulf region if Iran does not stop our peaceful nuclear programs. What a joke. Even with its "24/7 satellite surveillance, aircraft carriers, missile cruisers, nuclear submarines, hundreds of fighter jets, thousands of helicopters, thousands of tanks, tens of thousands of paid stooges and 150,000 troops in the Middle East region, the U.S. cannot protect itself." How could it possibly protect others? The region was vastly better off before the Americans came. "Do the U.S .and its allies not get it? GO HOME and SHUT UP!"
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
Subscribe to the Week