The U.S. isn’t content to devastate Iraq, said Kian Mokhtari in Iran’s Kayhan. It wants to keep wreaking "war, mass murder, torture, rape and total destruction" throughout the region. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said recently the U.S. would extend a "defense umbrella" over the Gulf region if Iran does not stop our peaceful nuclear programs. What a joke. Even with its "24/7 satellite surveillance, aircraft carriers, missile cruisers, nuclear submarines, hundreds of fighter jets, thousands of helicopters, thousands of tanks, tens of thousands of paid stooges and 150,000 troops in the Middle East region, the U.S. cannot protect itself." How could it possibly protect others? The region was vastly better off before the Americans came. "Do the U.S .and its allies not get it? GO HOME and SHUT UP!"
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- Hey, grammar nerds! Stop freaking out about 'alot.'
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- The elusive 'It factor' in presidential politics
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- The keys to succeeding with a job recruiter
Subscribe to the Week