The U.S. isn’t content to devastate Iraq, said Kian Mokhtari in Iran’s Kayhan. It wants to keep wreaking "war, mass murder, torture, rape and total destruction" throughout the region. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said recently the U.S. would extend a "defense umbrella" over the Gulf region if Iran does not stop our peaceful nuclear programs. What a joke. Even with its "24/7 satellite surveillance, aircraft carriers, missile cruisers, nuclear submarines, hundreds of fighter jets, thousands of helicopters, thousands of tanks, tens of thousands of paid stooges and 150,000 troops in the Middle East region, the U.S. cannot protect itself." How could it possibly protect others? The region was vastly better off before the Americans came. "Do the U.S .and its allies not get it? GO HOME and SHUT UP!"
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 10 things you need to know today: October 21, 2014
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
Subscribe to the Week