he U.S. isn’t content to devastate Iraq, said Kian Mokhtari in Iran’s Kayhan. It wants to keep wreaking "war, mass murder, torture, rape and total destruction" throughout the region. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said recently the U.S. would extend a "defense umbrella" over the Gulf region if Iran does not stop our peaceful nuclear programs. What a joke. Even with its "24/7 satellite surveillance, aircraft carriers, missile cruisers, nuclear submarines, hundreds of fighter jets, thousands of helicopters, thousands of tanks, tens of thousands of paid stooges and 150,000 troops in the Middle East region, the U.S. cannot protect itself." How could it possibly protect others? The region was vastly better off before the Americans came. "Do the U.S .and its allies not get it? GO HOME and SHUT UP!"
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why ABC threw its Bachelor under the bus
- Here's how Iran is covering Russia's invasion of Crimea
- Why I'm sick and tired of seeing naked women on HBO
- Time Warner Cable is raising your monthly rate again
- Why is the 'mor' in 'Voldemort' so evil-sounding?
- True Detective's dangerous lies about satanic ritual abuse
- The wrongheaded law that's making your food less safe
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why Ted Cruz is the real-life Frank Underwood
- America's love-hate relationship with porn
Subscribe to the Week