The U.S. isn’t content to devastate Iraq, said Kian Mokhtari in Iran’s Kayhan. It wants to keep wreaking "war, mass murder, torture, rape and total destruction" throughout the region. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said recently the U.S. would extend a "defense umbrella" over the Gulf region if Iran does not stop our peaceful nuclear programs. What a joke. Even with its "24/7 satellite surveillance, aircraft carriers, missile cruisers, nuclear submarines, hundreds of fighter jets, thousands of helicopters, thousands of tanks, tens of thousands of paid stooges and 150,000 troops in the Middle East region, the U.S. cannot protect itself." How could it possibly protect others? The region was vastly better off before the Americans came. "Do the U.S .and its allies not get it? GO HOME and SHUT UP!"
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- Why insects are the future of food
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
- The myth of the stay-at-home dad
Subscribe to the Week