Publishing quickly “debunked” rumors that Sarah Palin is getting a divorce was a “really dumb” idea, said Moe Lane in RedState. That’s what a “Left-blogger” who goes by “Gryphen” discovered, when he was served with a libel lawsuit warning, and then had his real name and job as a part-time kindergarten teacher exposed by bloggers. “All in all, I don’t think that this was the intended result.”
Not if he wanted to keep his job, said Robert Stacy McCain in the American Spectator. Now that Jesse Griffin has been outed, his “vulgar obscene language” about Sarah Palin will certainly come back to haunt him. And ironically, it was an ally—fellow “anti-Palin blogger Dennis Zaki—who inadvertently gave bloggers the information to unmask “Gryphen.”
“I firmly believe in the accuracy of my source/sources,” said “Gryphen” in The Immoral Minority, and I’m sticking to my story—the Palins are having trouble and have decided to end their marriage. So fine, Sarah Palin's lawyer, Thomas Van Flein, has discovered my “dirty little secret”—I work with 5-year-olds. It was classy of him to threaten to scare them by serving me a summons in front of them, but even if he does, “I will be vindicated.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Secret Service stretched mission to protect employee, report finds
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 10 things you need to know today: October 22, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to make corn dogs
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
Subscribe to the Week