Publishing quickly “debunked” rumors that Sarah Palin is getting a divorce was a “really dumb” idea, said Moe Lane in RedState. That’s what a “Left-blogger” who goes by “Gryphen” discovered, when he was served with a libel lawsuit warning, and then had his real name and job as a part-time kindergarten teacher exposed by bloggers. “All in all, I don’t think that this was the intended result.”
Not if he wanted to keep his job, said Robert Stacy McCain in the American Spectator. Now that Jesse Griffin has been outed, his “vulgar obscene language” about Sarah Palin will certainly come back to haunt him. And ironically, it was an ally—fellow “anti-Palin blogger Dennis Zaki—who inadvertently gave bloggers the information to unmask “Gryphen.”
“I firmly believe in the accuracy of my source/sources,” said “Gryphen” in The Immoral Minority, and I’m sticking to my story—the Palins are having trouble and have decided to end their marriage. So fine, Sarah Palin's lawyer, Thomas Van Flein, has discovered my “dirty little secret”—I work with 5-year-olds. It was classy of him to threaten to scare them by serving me a summons in front of them, but even if he does, “I will be vindicated.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- Why gay people of color are still losing
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What political elites don't understand about Scotland's push for independence
- Is 'feminism' just another word for 'liberalism'?
- Can we lead spiritually fulfilling lives without religion?
- 10 things you need to know today: September 16, 2014
Subscribe to the Week