ublishing quickly “debunked” rumors that Sarah Palin is getting a divorce was a “really dumb” idea, said Moe Lane in RedState. That’s what a “Left-blogger” who goes by “Gryphen” discovered, when he was served with a libel lawsuit warning, and then had his real name and job as a part-time kindergarten teacher exposed by bloggers. “All in all, I don’t think that this was the intended result.”
Not if he wanted to keep his job, said Robert Stacy McCain in the American Spectator. Now that Jesse Griffin has been outed, his “vulgar obscene language” about Sarah Palin will certainly come back to haunt him. And ironically, it was an ally—fellow “anti-Palin blogger Dennis Zaki—who inadvertently gave bloggers the information to unmask “Gryphen.”
“I firmly believe in the accuracy of my source/sources,” said “Gryphen” in The Immoral Minority, and I’m sticking to my story—the Palins are having trouble and have decided to end their marriage. So fine, Sarah Palin's lawyer, Thomas Van Flein, has discovered my “dirty little secret”—I work with 5-year-olds. It was classy of him to threaten to scare them by serving me a summons in front of them, but even if he does, “I will be vindicated.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- Why Holy Thursday is so important to Christians
- How Community's Dean Pelton broke new ground for sexual politics on television
- The 6-year-old who woke up from a coma with a different personality
Subscribe to the Week