ood day for: The Ford family, as Ford Motor Co. reported a 2 percent increase in auto sales in July, snapping a streak of 19 consecutive monthly declines. Ford -- the first big automaker to report July results -- got a boost from the "cash for clunkers" economic stimlus programs, which offers rebates of $3,500 to $4,500 to people who trade in some old gas guzzlers for more fuel efficient new cars. (Los Angeles Times)
Bad day for: Customer satisfaction, after a New York woman sued the college where she earned her bachelor's degree. Trina Thompson is asking to get back the $70,000 she paid Monroe College in tuition because she has been unable to find a job since graduation. (AOL News)
- How to dramatically improve your memory
- Watch SNL delightfully mess with all your childhood Christmas favorites
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 32 TV shows to watch in 2013 [Updated]
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Why European women are still smoking like chimneys
- 7 health benefits of playing video games
- How the strange case of Obama's Uncle Omar complicates immigration reform
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
Subscribe to the Week