OOD DAY FOR: Renters, after Deutsche Bank estimated that 48 percent of U.S. homes will be “underwater,” or worth less than the money owed on them, by 2011. As of March, 26 percent of U.S. homes were underwater. The report also sees a further 14 percent drop nationwide in housing prices by 2011, which would bring the total decline to 41.7 percent. Other evidence points toward a stabilization in the housing market. (Reuters in Yahoo! News)
BAD DAY FOR: Shooting home movies, as Quebec police are weighing a host of charges against a family that videotaped, then posted on YouTube, footage of 7-year-old son “Samuel” driving the family SUV. The film, evidently shot by the father, also shows an seatbelt-less young girl in the backseat. (Reuters)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why Good Friday is so important to Christians
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- Why Holy Thursday is so important to Christians
Subscribe to the Week