OOD DAY FOR: Renters, after Deutsche Bank estimated that 48 percent of U.S. homes will be “underwater,” or worth less than the money owed on them, by 2011. As of March, 26 percent of U.S. homes were underwater. The report also sees a further 14 percent drop nationwide in housing prices by 2011, which would bring the total decline to 41.7 percent. Other evidence points toward a stabilization in the housing market. (Reuters in Yahoo! News)
BAD DAY FOR: Shooting home movies, as Quebec police are weighing a host of charges against a family that videotaped, then posted on YouTube, footage of 7-year-old son “Samuel” driving the family SUV. The film, evidently shot by the father, also shows an seatbelt-less young girl in the backseat. (Reuters)
- 4 secret societies you probably don't know about
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Did God have a wife?
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Battle in a blizzard
- Watch The Daily Show mock the NSA and the gamers they're spying on
- How the porn industry is putting its performers — and finances — at risk
- The secrets of happy families
- 5 theories to explain North Korea's big mysterious purge
Subscribe to the Week