GOOD DAY FOR: Sweet autumn nights, after boutique ice cream parlor The Icecreamists opens in the basement of London department store Selfridges this November. Among the items on the menu is The Sex Pistol, an ice cream–absinthe cocktail packed with purportedly libido-boosting ingredients like ginkgo biloba, arginine, and guarana. There will be a one-per-customer limit. (The London Paper)
BAD DAY FOR: Gas guzzlers, as the electric Chevy Volt is on track to be rated at 230 miles per gallon. Pegging down the gas milage on Chevrolet’s flagship electric car, due out next year, has been hard, since the Volt runs for about 40 miles before using any gas; after that, it gets about 50 mpg. The draft 230-mpg rating is based on city driving. (CNNMoney.com)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 things you need to know today: November 26, 2014
Subscribe to the Week