The Americans are trying to turn Pakistan into a colony, said the Peshawar, Pakistan, Frontier Post in an editorial, "and its people into their slaves." What's worse, Pakistan's "spineless political bosses" are letting them do it. U.S. diplomats are "roaming free and defiantly on Islamabad's roads, in cars with no diplomatic plates, loaded with guns and making outstation trips without even obtaining the required permission of Pakistan's authorities." And the U.S. embassy has plans for a massive expansion. "Surely, Pakistanis want no American listening post on their soil, eavesdropping on whom they know not." If our gutless leaders won't defend the nation's honor, there are 171 million citizens who will. We've felt "poisonous American teeth dug deep" into our skins too many times already.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The rise of the global middle class is our best hope to stop climate change
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- Israel has only two choices: Eliminate the Palestinians or make peace
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- What I learned from totally unplugging and shutting up for three days
- Why America is duty bound to help Iraqi Christians
Subscribe to the Week