The Americans are trying to turn Pakistan into a colony, said the Peshawar, Pakistan, Frontier Post in an editorial, "and its people into their slaves." What's worse, Pakistan's "spineless political bosses" are letting them do it. U.S. diplomats are "roaming free and defiantly on Islamabad's roads, in cars with no diplomatic plates, loaded with guns and making outstation trips without even obtaining the required permission of Pakistan's authorities." And the U.S. embassy has plans for a massive expansion. "Surely, Pakistanis want no American listening post on their soil, eavesdropping on whom they know not." If our gutless leaders won't defend the nation's honor, there are 171 million citizens who will. We've felt "poisonous American teeth dug deep" into our skins too many times already.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How Ronald Reagan turned America into a nation of children
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- The crusade against Iraq War supporters has forgotten someone: Hillary Clinton
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- This week I learned the moon might be littered with dinosaur fossils, and more
- Why scientists can't kill HIV
- 8 things the world's most extraordinary survivors can teach you about resilience
- How to make classic pulled pork
Subscribe to the Week