he Americans are trying to turn Pakistan into a colony, said the Peshawar, Pakistan, Frontier Post in an editorial, "and its people into their slaves." What's worse, Pakistan's "spineless political bosses" are letting them do it. U.S. diplomats are "roaming free and defiantly on Islamabad's roads, in cars with no diplomatic plates, loaded with guns and making outstation trips without even obtaining the required permission of Pakistan's authorities." And the U.S. embassy has plans for a massive expansion. "Surely, Pakistanis want no American listening post on their soil, eavesdropping on whom they know not." If our gutless leaders won't defend the nation's honor, there are 171 million citizens who will. We've felt "poisonous American teeth dug deep" into our skins too many times already.
- 4 secret societies you probably don't know about
- This is the twistiest tongue twister ever, says science
- Here's how crazy-long German words are made
- Battle in a blizzard
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- 7 health benefits of playing video games
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- How to stick it to the poor: A congressional strategy
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The secrets of happy families
Subscribe to the Week