The Americans are trying to turn Pakistan into a colony, said the Peshawar, Pakistan, Frontier Post in an editorial, "and its people into their slaves." What's worse, Pakistan's "spineless political bosses" are letting them do it. U.S. diplomats are "roaming free and defiantly on Islamabad's roads, in cars with no diplomatic plates, loaded with guns and making outstation trips without even obtaining the required permission of Pakistan's authorities." And the U.S. embassy has plans for a massive expansion. "Surely, Pakistanis want no American listening post on their soil, eavesdropping on whom they know not." If our gutless leaders won't defend the nation's honor, there are 171 million citizens who will. We've felt "poisonous American teeth dug deep" into our skins too many times already.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The mysterious origins of the Jersey Devil
- Israel's quiet doomsday submarines are almost ready
Subscribe to the Week