The naked body of swimsuit model Jasmine Fiore, 28, was found in a suitcase in a Buena Park, Calif., trash bin, said Andrew Blankstein and Richard Winton in the Los Angeles Times, and reality show contestant Ryan Alexander Jenkins has been named a “person of interest” in the case. Fiore’s mother, Lisa Lapore, said the two were dating. And Jenkins, a wealthy 32-year-old Canadian, is believed to be on the run in Fiore’s Mercedes. (Watch a news report)
Dating? They were married, said TMZ. Reality TV host Megan Hauserman says Ryan Jenkins met Jasmine Fiore at a Las Vegas strip club where Fiore was working as dancer, right after Jenkins was “booted” off Hauserman’s VH1 show, Megan Wants a Millionaire, and they were hitched two days later. Hauserman says she’s “shocked” by the news, describing Jenkins as “smart” and “nice.”
You wouldn’t guess that from Jenkins’ now-removed Megan Wants a Millionaire profile, said Gawker, in which he says he “has left many amazing women in his life primarily because he wanted more women,” and “molds ‘player girls’ into ‘princesses.’” This guy was a “final contestant” in a dating show?
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- Why insects are the future of food
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
Subscribe to the Week