The naked body of swimsuit model Jasmine Fiore, 28, was found in a suitcase in a Buena Park, Calif., trash bin, said Andrew Blankstein and Richard Winton in the Los Angeles Times, and reality show contestant Ryan Alexander Jenkins has been named a “person of interest” in the case. Fiore’s mother, Lisa Lapore, said the two were dating. And Jenkins, a wealthy 32-year-old Canadian, is believed to be on the run in Fiore’s Mercedes. (Watch a news report)
Dating? They were married, said TMZ. Reality TV host Megan Hauserman says Ryan Jenkins met Jasmine Fiore at a Las Vegas strip club where Fiore was working as dancer, right after Jenkins was “booted” off Hauserman’s VH1 show, Megan Wants a Millionaire, and they were hitched two days later. Hauserman says she’s “shocked” by the news, describing Jenkins as “smart” and “nice.”
You wouldn’t guess that from Jenkins’ now-removed Megan Wants a Millionaire profile, said Gawker, in which he says he “has left many amazing women in his life primarily because he wanted more women,” and “molds ‘player girls’ into ‘princesses.’” This guy was a “final contestant” in a dating show?
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- Why Israel can no longer let the Palestinian Authority be responsible for security in the West Bank
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Why charity can't solve society's deepest problems
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
- Grammar quiz: Do you know the passive voice?
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
Subscribe to the Week