he naked body of swimsuit model Jasmine Fiore, 28, was found in a suitcase in a Buena Park, Calif., trash bin, said Andrew Blankstein and Richard Winton in the Los Angeles Times, and reality show contestant Ryan Alexander Jenkins has been named a “person of interest” in the case. Fiore’s mother, Lisa Lapore, said the two were dating. And Jenkins, a wealthy 32-year-old Canadian, is believed to be on the run in Fiore’s Mercedes. (Watch a news report)
Dating? They were married, said TMZ. Reality TV host Megan Hauserman says Ryan Jenkins met Jasmine Fiore at a Las Vegas strip club where Fiore was working as dancer, right after Jenkins was “booted” off Hauserman’s VH1 show, Megan Wants a Millionaire, and they were hitched two days later. Hauserman says she’s “shocked” by the news, describing Jenkins as “smart” and “nice.”
You wouldn’t guess that from Jenkins’ now-removed Megan Wants a Millionaire profile, said Gawker, in which he says he “has left many amazing women in his life primarily because he wanted more women,” and “molds ‘player girls’ into ‘princesses.’” This guy was a “final contestant” in a dating show?
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
Subscribe to the Week