The naked body of swimsuit model Jasmine Fiore, 28, was found in a suitcase in a Buena Park, Calif., trash bin, said Andrew Blankstein and Richard Winton in the Los Angeles Times, and reality show contestant Ryan Alexander Jenkins has been named a “person of interest” in the case. Fiore’s mother, Lisa Lapore, said the two were dating. And Jenkins, a wealthy 32-year-old Canadian, is believed to be on the run in Fiore’s Mercedes. (Watch a news report)
Dating? They were married, said TMZ. Reality TV host Megan Hauserman says Ryan Jenkins met Jasmine Fiore at a Las Vegas strip club where Fiore was working as dancer, right after Jenkins was “booted” off Hauserman’s VH1 show, Megan Wants a Millionaire, and they were hitched two days later. Hauserman says she’s “shocked” by the news, describing Jenkins as “smart” and “nice.”
You wouldn’t guess that from Jenkins’ now-removed Megan Wants a Millionaire profile, said Gawker, in which he says he “has left many amazing women in his life primarily because he wanted more women,” and “molds ‘player girls’ into ‘princesses.’” This guy was a “final contestant” in a dating show?
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- The most sensible GOP alternative to ObamaCare comes from a Senate candidate who is almost sure to lose
- 'Having it all' has officially jumped the shark
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Did Republicans overshoot on the Ebola panic?
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
Subscribe to the Week