DNA tests show that John Edwards is the father of Rielle Hunter’s 18-month-old daughter, said The National Enquirer. The former Democratic presidential candidate confessed to an affair with Hunter after the Enquirer revealed it last year, but denied that the child was his. “Rielle had no choice but to demand John take a DNA test,” a friend of Hunter’s told the tabloid. “She was worried about getting long-term financial support for her daughter.” Edwards had no immediate comment.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The real reason conservatives should be outraged that police killed a white youth
- Even critics of the euro didn't see this coming
- 8 ways you're probably overspending without even realizing it
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The essential techniques that every home cook should know
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- Why the West should accept ISIS as a sovereign nation
- 6 constitutional amendments that just missed the cut
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
Subscribe to the Week