DNA tests show that John Edwards is the father of Rielle Hunter’s 18-month-old daughter, said The National Enquirer. The former Democratic presidential candidate confessed to an affair with Hunter after the Enquirer revealed it last year, but denied that the child was his. “Rielle had no choice but to demand John take a DNA test,” a friend of Hunter’s told the tabloid. “She was worried about getting long-term financial support for her daughter.” Edwards had no immediate comment.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- The next pandemic
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- 9 Harvard dropouts who became fabulously successful
- The elusive 'It factor' in presidential politics
Subscribe to the Week