DNA tests show that John Edwards is the father of Rielle Hunter’s 18-month-old daughter, said The National Enquirer. The former Democratic presidential candidate confessed to an affair with Hunter after the Enquirer revealed it last year, but denied that the child was his. “Rielle had no choice but to demand John take a DNA test,” a friend of Hunter’s told the tabloid. “She was worried about getting long-term financial support for her daughter.” Edwards had no immediate comment.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- Feast your eyes on this beautiful linguistic family tree
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
Subscribe to the Week