DNA tests show that John Edwards is the father of Rielle Hunter’s 18-month-old daughter, said The National Enquirer. The former Democratic presidential candidate confessed to an affair with Hunter after the Enquirer revealed it last year, but denied that the child was his. “Rielle had no choice but to demand John take a DNA test,” a friend of Hunter’s told the tabloid. “She was worried about getting long-term financial support for her daughter.” Edwards had no immediate comment.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Pope Francis' American problem
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
Subscribe to the Week