OOD DAY FOR: Simpler tastes, after Starbucks took the unprecedented step of lowering prices on some drinks. The coffee purveyor said that it will immediately begin lowering prices on drip coffee and lattes by 5 to 10 cents, but raise prices on more elaborate drinks such as Frappuccinos and caramel macchiatos. (Reuters)
BAD DAY FOR: Crossing Oprah, after the talk-show host sued FWM Labs and other supplement makers for incorrectly suggesting that she and resident on-air physician Dr. Mehmet Oz endorse their resveratrol-based anti-aging products. One ad features a large photo of Oz and Oprah’s name and offers free samples that aren’t actually free. Oprah is also accusing FWM and its affiliates of “cybersquatting,” using her and Oz’s names for websites neither of them has anything to do with. (BusinessWeek)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- Why Good Friday is so important to Christians
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- Attack of the invasive species
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
Subscribe to the Week