If you're participating in the online scurry to find Jasmine Fiore Playboy pictures, said Associated Content, cut it out. In the Internet age, nobody should be shocked that Web surfers are trying to find nude photos of a swimsuit model who was found murdered and mutilated in a Dumpster just days ago. But in this case it's especially strange, because the images "don't exist."
There's a simple explanation for the confusion, said Jenivieve Elly in Right Celebrity. "While she certainly is a gorgeous girl, and has many photos to proved it, Jasmine never posed for Playboy." She just worked for the the famous men’s magazine.
The scramble to find details about Fiore's life is easy to understand, said Gather.com. "I guess people are just curious about her life now that she's dead." But the "morbid" hunt for Jasmine Fiore Playboy pictures, once of the most searched items on the Internet this week, only makes a disturbing story even more sad.
"It was a grisly murder, the culmination of what seemed to be a fast life filled with parties, gambling, drinks, and violence," said Russell Goldman, Abby Tegnelia, Sarah Netter and Sabina Ghebremedhin in ABC News. But, as police search for their suspect -- Fiore's husband, reality TV contestant Ryan Alexander Jenkins -- Fiore's family wants the public to know they're seeing a distorted image of her -- she was really a "wholesome," kind "girl next door."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The real reason conservatives should be outraged that police killed a white youth
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Why the West should accept ISIS as a sovereign nation
- 10 things you need to know today: August 28, 2014
- What Ann Coulter and atheist Richard Dawkins have in common
- After Ferguson, we don't need another dialogue on race
- 8 ways you're probably overspending without even realizing it
Subscribe to the Week