Transformers "stunner" Megan Fox has signed on to play Catwoman in the next Batman movie, said Gordon Smart in The Sun, and she is the perfect choice. Fox "has a slightly darker edge than her two predecessors," Michelle Pfeiffer and Halle Berry, so she should be "brilliant" in the role.
Megan Fox has some "big paws to fill," said Hanh Nguyen in Zap2it, as both Berry and Pfeiffer were great as Catwoman. "Fox certainly has the slinky, sultry looks to play a feline-inspired character," but it remains to be seen if she has the "presence."
Fox's acting abilities leave a little to be desired, said Ernie Estrella in Examiner.com, yet she's "been grabbing all of the once rumored fanboy dream roles" from Angelina Jolie, "who was anticipated to be the next actress to get diamond fever in the catsuit." Looks alone sure can go a long way in Hollywood.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Briefing: Offshore drilling and the environment
Subscribe to the Week