Transformers "stunner" Megan Fox has signed on to play Catwoman in the next Batman movie, said Gordon Smart in The Sun, and she is the perfect choice. Fox "has a slightly darker edge than her two predecessors," Michelle Pfeiffer and Halle Berry, so she should be "brilliant" in the role.
Megan Fox has some "big paws to fill," said Hanh Nguyen in Zap2it, as both Berry and Pfeiffer were great as Catwoman. "Fox certainly has the slinky, sultry looks to play a feline-inspired character," but it remains to be seen if she has the "presence."
Fox's acting abilities leave a little to be desired, said Ernie Estrella in Examiner.com, yet she's "been grabbing all of the once rumored fanboy dream roles" from Angelina Jolie, "who was anticipated to be the next actress to get diamond fever in the catsuit." Looks alone sure can go a long way in Hollywood.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Dick Cheney's America is an ugly place
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to make the ultimate grilled cheese
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The liberation of Barack Obama
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- The Hobbit: A disappointing set of movies, but a worthy set of prequels
- Could better U.S.-Cuban relations thwart baseball's human smuggling problem?
Subscribe to the Week