Transformers "stunner" Megan Fox has signed on to play Catwoman in the next Batman movie, said Gordon Smart in The Sun, and she is the perfect choice. Fox "has a slightly darker edge than her two predecessors," Michelle Pfeiffer and Halle Berry, so she should be "brilliant" in the role.
Megan Fox has some "big paws to fill," said Hanh Nguyen in Zap2it, as both Berry and Pfeiffer were great as Catwoman. "Fox certainly has the slinky, sultry looks to play a feline-inspired character," but it remains to be seen if she has the "presence."
Fox's acting abilities leave a little to be desired, said Ernie Estrella in Examiner.com, yet she's "been grabbing all of the once rumored fanboy dream roles" from Angelina Jolie, "who was anticipated to be the next actress to get diamond fever in the catsuit." Looks alone sure can go a long way in Hollywood.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How a degree from Duke University dashed my dreams of buying a home
- This is why you can't trust the NSA. Ever.
- Half the world's population lives in these 6 countries
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Innocent before proven guilty? The bizarre bipartisan rush to clear Rick Perry
- What Keeping Up with the Kardashians can teach America about interracial marriage
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The single best way to help your kid succeed at school
- Welcome to the age of ambivalent feminism
- Today in history: Lincoln reveals the real goal of the Civil War
Subscribe to the Week