Transformers "stunner" Megan Fox has signed on to play Catwoman in the next Batman movie, said Gordon Smart in The Sun, and she is the perfect choice. Fox "has a slightly darker edge than her two predecessors," Michelle Pfeiffer and Halle Berry, so she should be "brilliant" in the role.
Megan Fox has some "big paws to fill," said Hanh Nguyen in Zap2it, as both Berry and Pfeiffer were great as Catwoman. "Fox certainly has the slinky, sultry looks to play a feline-inspired character," but it remains to be seen if she has the "presence."
Fox's acting abilities leave a little to be desired, said Ernie Estrella in Examiner.com, yet she's "been grabbing all of the once rumored fanboy dream roles" from Angelina Jolie, "who was anticipated to be the next actress to get diamond fever in the catsuit." Looks alone sure can go a long way in Hollywood.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- 8 secrets to steal from power networkers
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- How to make classic pulled pork
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Don't vote for Andrew Cuomo
- How The Killing survived two cancellations and ended on its own terms
Subscribe to the Week