Tiffany Shepherd sent out 2,500 résumés, said Palm Beach, Fla., Post columnist Jose Lambiet in Page 2 Live, but nobody seemed interested in hiring the former high school teacher, who was fired last year after photos surfaced of her moonlighting, wearing a skimpy bikini, on a charter fishing boat. So the unemployed 31-year-old biology teacher transformed herself into Leah Lust, porn star, and started performing in videos like My First Sex Teacher.
It doesn't sound like Tiffany Shepherd is happy about her "new career" as the star of Leah Lust videos, said Eitan Gavish in the New York Daily News. "I'm not particularly proud of it. To be honest, I hate it," she told Page 2 Live. Apparently it was a charter boat captain—who happened to own a porn webcam business, too—who convinced her she'd never get back her old job at Port St. Lucie High School, so she needed to cash in on her beauty while she could.
Talk about a self-fulfilling prophecy, said Tim Worstall in Examiner.com. Tiffany Shepherd has ruined any chance of getting her old job back now. "The tragedy here is that the reaction to Tiffany Shepherd doing something almost entirely innocent, fishing in a bikini, has led to her being forced (by her account) into hard-core porn and Leah Lust videos."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- How Wall Street is chipping away at reform
- How I lost all my money
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- 10 things you need to know today: December 21, 2014
- A brief history of the Christmas present
Subscribe to the Week