With 2012's campaign looming and a House of Representatives in Republican hands, Obama needs all the support he can get. Luckily, he can always turn to the First Dog, Bo, for some unconditional love. Here's a look back at the President's relationship with his four-footed consultant, who's been at his side since the late Sen. Edward Kennedy gave Bo to the Obamas as a gift on April 14, 2009.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- Bob Odenkirk's 6 favorite books
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
Subscribe to the Week