ith 2012's campaign looming and a House of Representatives in Republican hands, Obama needs all the support he can get. Luckily, he can always turn to the First Dog, Bo, for some unconditional love. Here's a look back at the President's relationship with his four-footed consultant, who's been at his side since the late Sen. Edward Kennedy gave Bo to the Obamas as a gift on April 14, 2009.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Mad Men recap: 'A Day's Work'
- The sexual politics of Game of Thrones just got enormously worse
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Aereo at the Supreme Court: No matter what, broadcasters lose
- 10 things you need to know today: April 21, 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Wounded in Boston, two brothers endure
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- The hidden reason for the student loan crisis
Subscribe to the Week