With 2012's campaign looming and a House of Representatives in Republican hands, Obama needs all the support he can get. Luckily, he can always turn to the First Dog, Bo, for some unconditional love. Here's a look back at the President's relationship with his four-footed consultant, who's been at his side since the late Sen. Edward Kennedy gave Bo to the Obamas as a gift on April 14, 2009.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
- Feast your eyes on this beautiful linguistic family tree
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The culture war finally comes to the Catholic Church
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
Subscribe to the Week