With 2012's campaign looming and a House of Representatives in Republican hands, Obama needs all the support he can get. Luckily, he can always turn to the First Dog, Bo, for some unconditional love. Here's a look back at the President's relationship with his four-footed consultant, who's been at his side since the late Sen. Edward Kennedy gave Bo to the Obamas as a gift on April 14, 2009.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 10 things you need to know today: October 25, 2014
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
Subscribe to the Week