With 2012's campaign looming and a House of Representatives in Republican hands, Obama needs all the support he can get. Luckily, he can always turn to the First Dog, Bo, for some unconditional love. Here's a look back at the President's relationship with his four-footed consultant, who's been at his side since the late Sen. Edward Kennedy gave Bo to the Obamas as a gift on April 14, 2009.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Israel has only two choices: Eliminate the Palestinians or make peace
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 10 burning questions you've always wanted to ask about investing
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- Why America is duty bound to help Iraqi Christians
- 10 things you need to know today: July 22, 2014
- How to pack a jar salad
Subscribe to the Week