They’ve been hunted, diseased, preyed upon and all but forgotten. But these animals simply refuse to go gently into that good night. From the Little Mountain Monkey to the Bridled Nail-Tail Wallaby, here are a few critters that are not quite as extinct as we once thought.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: November 26, 2014
- Hey, scolds: Stop telling us to enjoy a healthy Thanksgiving
Subscribe to the Week