They’ve been hunted, diseased, preyed upon and all but forgotten. But these animals simply refuse to go gently into that good night. From the Little Mountain Monkey to the Bridled Nail-Tail Wallaby, here are a few critters that are not quite as extinct as we once thought.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- Christian conservatives have a terrifying new bogeyman: The Christian leftist
- What the Romney boomlet says about the establishment GOP's feeble 2016 field
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- 15 words you didn't realize were named after people
- How ancient DNA is rewriting human history
Subscribe to the Week