rom the devastating BP oil spill to the floundering economy to the Democrats' midterm "shellacking," there wasn't a lot for President Obama to smile about during his first two years in office. But things are looking up for the president these days. Osama bin Laden is dead, the president's personal approval ratings are as high as 72 percent, and big-name Republicans like Mike Huckabee and Donald Trump have opted out of the 2012 race. Through it all, Obama, like many U.S. presidents before him, has found time for a good laugh. Here, a look at some notable executive acts of laughter:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why is it so expensive to build a bridge in America?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- Why is American internet so slow?
- The GOP must try to win over African-Americans
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What would a U.S.-China war look like?
Subscribe to the Week