Is she refreshingly modern or is she too bold? Is she relatable or simply too casual? Whether she likes it or not, what Michelle Obama wears is frequently at the center of the fashion world’s white hot -- and often unforgiving -- attention. Bloggers and designers alike rarely miss a moment to comment on an unorthodox pattern or potentially risky cut. Not since Jackie O. has there been a young woman in the White House that has commanded so much attention for her sartorial swagger. Here are some of Michelle Obama’s more controversial fashion dos and don’ts.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
Subscribe to the Week