Is she refreshingly modern or is she too bold? Is she relatable or simply too casual? Whether she likes it or not, what Michelle Obama wears is frequently at the center of the fashion world’s white hot -- and often unforgiving -- attention. Bloggers and designers alike rarely miss a moment to comment on an unorthodox pattern or potentially risky cut. Not since Jackie O. has there been a young woman in the White House that has commanded so much attention for her sartorial swagger. Here are some of Michelle Obama’s more controversial fashion dos and don’ts.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Is 'feminism' just another word for 'liberalism'?
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- What political elites don't understand about Scotland's push for independence
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Why gay people of color are still losing
Subscribe to the Week