s she refreshingly modern or is she too bold? Is she relatable or simply too casual? Whether she likes it or not, what Michelle Obama wears is frequently at the center of the fashion world’s white hot -- and often unforgiving -- attention. Bloggers and designers alike rarely miss a moment to comment on an unorthodox pattern or potentially risky cut. Not since Jackie O. has there been a young woman in the White House that has commanded so much attention for her sartorial swagger. Here are some of Michelle Obama’s more controversial fashion dos and don’ts.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Why is American internet so slow?
- The worrying rise of the anti-vaccination movement
- Why is it so expensive to build a bridge in America?
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
Subscribe to the Week