s recently as 30 years ago, China was a global backwater; today, it is the second–fastest growing economy in the world (after the United States). To accommodate that growth – and to celebrate its status in the international marketplace – the country has embarked on a record-setting building spree. Here are some prominent examples.
- How to make people like you: 6 science-based conversation hacks
- The Black Death is back
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- The lingering mystery of the 1964 World's Fair
- Watch Fox News' Megyn Kelly claim Santa, like Jesus, is a white guy
- Cul-de-sacs are killing America
- Millennial women have seriously narrowed the wage gap with men
- 5 surprising snubs from the Golden Globe nominations
- How Arrow became the best superhero show on television
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
Subscribe to the Week