What sort of home can half a million dollars get you these days? In Aspen, Colo., the most expensive town in the country, it won't even get you a house in a trailer park (that'll set you back $559,000). In Manhattan, the sum might score you a tiny, bedbug-ridden apartment. But elsewhere, $500,000 buys a lovely home. Here are seven on the market:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- California's epic drought
- How to be the star of a cocktail party where you don't know anyone
Subscribe to the Week