What sort of home can half a million dollars get you these days? In Aspen, Colo., the most expensive town in the country, it won't even get you a house in a trailer park (that'll set you back $559,000). In Manhattan, the sum might score you a tiny, bedbug-ridden apartment. But elsewhere, $500,000 buys a lovely home. Here are seven on the market:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Russia's giant spy ship was a high-tech disaster waiting to happen
- On ISIS, neocons and liberal hawks have a 'boy who cried wolf' problem
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- How Harry Houdini escaped death
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
Subscribe to the Week