hat sort of home can half a million dollars get you these days? In Aspen, Colo., the most expensive town in the country, it won't even get you a house in a trailer park (that'll set you back $559,000). In Manhattan, the sum might score you a tiny, bedbug-ridden apartment. But elsewhere, $500,000 buys a lovely home. Here are seven on the market:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like
- Why are so many elderly Asians killing themselves?
- Driverless cars may be an environmental disaster
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why I'm sick and tired of seeing naked women on HBO
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- 4 easy ways to resolve life's toughest questions
- Watch Zach Galifianakis get annoyed at President Obama on Between Two Ferns
- Why Ted Cruz is the real-life Frank Underwood
- Watch Conan O'Brien and Alex Trebek try to out-crazy each other
Subscribe to the Week