What sort of home can half a million dollars get you these days? In Aspen, Colo., the most expensive town in the country, it won't even get you a house in a trailer park (that'll set you back $559,000). In Manhattan, the sum might score you a tiny, bedbug-ridden apartment. But elsewhere, $500,000 buys a lovely home. Here are seven on the market:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Feast your eyes on this beautiful linguistic family tree
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
Subscribe to the Week