What sort of home can half a million dollars get you these days? In Aspen, Colo., the most expensive town in the country, it won't even get you a house in a trailer park (that'll set you back $559,000). In Manhattan, the sum might score you a tiny, bedbug-ridden apartment. But elsewhere, $500,000 buys a lovely home. Here are seven on the market:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- A gay Mormon's complicated journey
- The militarization of America’s police
- How to flirt, according to science
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
Subscribe to the Week