San Francisco is known for its graceful Victorian homes, with their easter-egg exteriors a standard focus of tourist postcards. The best "painted ladies," however, combine anachronistic charms with modern conveniences and cutting-edge renovations. Here a look — both inside and out — at six of the loveliest "ladies" on the market.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How I lost all my money
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Ismail Kadare's 6 favorite books
- How to develop a photographic memory in 4 easy steps
- George W. Bush 'ran the country like a cable network,' and other political insights from Chris Rock
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week