The McMansion movement is far from dead, but these days, less is more for some homeowners. They're swapping the ornate for the basic, banishing clutter, and generally pursuing the stripped-down aesthetic known as modernist minimalism. The straight lines and clean angles of these seven homes, some of the most desirable on the market, give them a fundamental appeal without sacrificing luxury.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- Hey, grammar nerds! Stop freaking out about 'alot.'
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
- What would a U.S.-China war look like?
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
Subscribe to the Week