The McMansion movement is far from dead, but these days, less is more for some homeowners. They're swapping the ornate for the basic, banishing clutter, and generally pursuing the stripped-down aesthetic known as modernist minimalism. The straight lines and clean angles of these seven homes, some of the most desirable on the market, give them a fundamental appeal without sacrificing luxury.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why Texas' abortion rates aren't falling as quickly as everyone expected
- The 6 best low-cost smartphones
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- What religious traditionalists can teach us about sex
Subscribe to the Week