The McMansion movement is far from dead, but these days, less is more for some homeowners. They're swapping the ornate for the basic, banishing clutter, and generally pursuing the stripped-down aesthetic known as modernist minimalism. The straight lines and clean angles of these seven homes, some of the most desirable on the market, give them a fundamental appeal without sacrificing luxury.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- Why Peter Capaldi has a bigger challenge than any Doctor Who in history
- A scientific fact-check of 2001: A Space Odyssey
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The secret to Gabrielle Hamilton's amazing grilled cheese sandwiches
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
Subscribe to the Week