The McMansion movement is far from dead, but these days, less is more for some homeowners. They're swapping the ornate for the basic, banishing clutter, and generally pursuing the stripped-down aesthetic known as modernist minimalism. The straight lines and clean angles of these seven homes, some of the most desirable on the market, give them a fundamental appeal without sacrificing luxury.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
Subscribe to the Week