The McMansion movement is far from dead, but these days, less is more for some homeowners. They're swapping the ornate for the basic, banishing clutter, and generally pursuing the stripped-down aesthetic known as modernist minimalism. The straight lines and clean angles of these seven homes, some of the most desirable on the market, give them a fundamental appeal without sacrificing luxury.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- 6 tiny scientific mistakes that created huge disasters
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What could happen if the Supreme Court rules against ObamaCare
- The slippery slope of Twitter's attempts to stop harassment against women
- Uber, and the growing threat of corporate surveillance
Subscribe to the Week