The survivors of the worst earthquake in Japan's history are beginning to emerge from the rubble of the devastated northern areas of the country. U.S. rescue teams are helping Japanese authorities assess the damage, and save anyone and anything amidst the rubble. Here, images of Japanese coping with the aftermath.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 6 simple steps for making millions on a crappy horror movie
- Why America needs more billionaires
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
- Why 2014 may be as good as it gets for the Republican Party
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
Subscribe to the Week