The survivors of the worst earthquake in Japan's history are beginning to emerge from the rubble of the devastated northern areas of the country. U.S. rescue teams are helping Japanese authorities assess the damage, and save anyone and anything amidst the rubble. Here, images of Japanese coping with the aftermath.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- The lessons of Japan's latest recession
- How to deep fry a turkey
Subscribe to the Week