The survivors of the worst earthquake in Japan's history are beginning to emerge from the rubble of the devastated northern areas of the country. U.S. rescue teams are helping Japanese authorities assess the damage, and save anyone and anything amidst the rubble. Here, images of Japanese coping with the aftermath.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Chuck Hagel was a huge mistake
- 5 quick things you can do today to boost your creativity
- Want to eliminate the scourge of frat culture? Lower the drinking age.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What would it take for humans to build a settlement on Mars?
- Why we gossip, according to science
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- Yes, the Obama administration's green loans are unprofitable. They should be.
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
Subscribe to the Week