Looking for that special someone with whom you have everything in common... including facial features? Launching this month, FindYourFaceMate.com uses facial-recognition technology to help users seek out potential lookalike mates. Founder Christina Bloom points to a 1989 study concluding that couples are more likely to share facial resemblance than strangers. Of course, her initiative is just the latest niche dating site to offer a unique gimmick for finding love online. Here are 12 options that are, by design, not for everyone.
This article was originally published on October 4, 2010, and last updated on March 16, 2011.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Yes, Republicans can impeach President Obama
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- Why Texas' abortion rates aren't falling as quickly as everyone expected
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
- What religious traditionalists can teach us about sex
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- The NFL is terrified of the culture war
Subscribe to the Week