Looking for that special someone with whom you have everything in common... including facial features? Launching this month, FindYourFaceMate.com uses facial-recognition technology to help users seek out potential lookalike mates. Founder Christina Bloom points to a 1989 study concluding that couples are more likely to share facial resemblance than strangers. Of course, her initiative is just the latest niche dating site to offer a unique gimmick for finding love online. Here are 12 options that are, by design, not for everyone.
This article was originally published on October 4, 2010, and last updated on March 16, 2011.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- How Harry Houdini escaped death
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- On ISIS, neocons and liberal hawks have a 'boy who cried wolf' problem
Subscribe to the Week