Looking for that special someone with whom you have everything in common... including facial features? Launching this month, FindYourFaceMate.com uses facial-recognition technology to help users seek out potential lookalike mates. Founder Christina Bloom points to a 1989 study concluding that couples are more likely to share facial resemblance than strangers. Of course, her initiative is just the latest niche dating site to offer a unique gimmick for finding love online. Here are 12 options that are, by design, not for everyone.
This article was originally published on October 4, 2010, and last updated on March 16, 2011.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- Why Israel can no longer let the Palestinian Authority be responsible for security in the West Bank
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 10 things you need to know today: July 25, 2014
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
Subscribe to the Week