ooking for that special someone with whom you have everything in common... including facial features? Launching this month, FindYourFaceMate.com uses facial-recognition technology to help users seek out potential lookalike mates. Founder Christina Bloom points to a 1989 study concluding that couples are more likely to share facial resemblance than strangers. Of course, her initiative is just the latest niche dating site to offer a unique gimmick for finding love online. Here are 12 options that are, by design, not for everyone.
This article was originally published on October 4, 2010, and last updated on March 16, 2011.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- Why Texas Republicans may want to cool the anti-Obama land-grab talk
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Obama doesn't have a manhood problem — but conservatives certainly do
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why we need a maximum wage
Subscribe to the Week