ooking for that special someone with whom you have everything in common... including facial features? Launching this month, FindYourFaceMate.com uses facial-recognition technology to help users seek out potential lookalike mates. Founder Christina Bloom points to a 1989 study concluding that couples are more likely to share facial resemblance than strangers. Of course, her initiative is just the latest niche dating site to offer a unique gimmick for finding love online. Here are 12 options that are, by design, not for everyone.
This article was originally published on October 4, 2010, and last updated on March 16, 2011.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Why is American internet so slow?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- How to take the perfect profile picture for online dating, according to science
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- The one simple thing that can make you much more impressive
- The Daily Show's Aasif Mandvi dismantles another ObamaCare myth
Subscribe to the Week