One week after a devastating 9.0-magnitude earthquake and tsunami rocked Japan, the death toll is nearing 7,000, thousands more remain missing, and officials are racing to contain a nuclear crisis. Those that survived the tragedy are coping with the deaths of loved ones and the destruction of their homes, towns, and cities. Here are their faces.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Christians have no moral rationale for spanking their children
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 4 simple steaks you can cook in a pan
- 10 things you need to know today: September 23, 2014
- What is driving the increasingly weird behavior of the polar jet stream?
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Should you hope to die at 75? Absolutely not.
Subscribe to the Week