One week after a devastating 9.0-magnitude earthquake and tsunami rocked Japan, the death toll is nearing 7,000, thousands more remain missing, and officials are racing to contain a nuclear crisis. Those that survived the tragedy are coping with the deaths of loved ones and the destruction of their homes, towns, and cities. Here are their faces.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
- Israel's quiet doomsday submarines are almost ready
- The culture war finally comes to the Catholic Church
Subscribe to the Week