One week after a devastating 9.0-magnitude earthquake and tsunami rocked Japan, the death toll is nearing 7,000, thousands more remain missing, and officials are racing to contain a nuclear crisis. Those that survived the tragedy are coping with the deaths of loved ones and the destruction of their homes, towns, and cities. Here are their faces.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why insects are the future of food
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
Subscribe to the Week