n March 23, Elizabeth Taylor, the iconic actress known for her great beauty and volatile, emotional performances in films like Cat on a Hot Tin Roof and Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?, died of congestive heart failure. In her 79 years, Taylor garnered five Oscar nominations, won two Academy Awards, married eight times, and raised hundreds of million of dollars to fight AIDS. Here, we look back at her legacy, in pictures.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- Why Texas Republicans may want to cool the anti-Obama land-grab talk
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- Obama doesn't have a manhood problem — but conservatives certainly do
- Why Antonin Scalia was right to defend a drug dealer
- Why we need a maximum wage
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
Subscribe to the Week