On March 23, Elizabeth Taylor, the iconic actress known for her great beauty and volatile, emotional performances in films like Cat on a Hot Tin Roof and Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?, died of congestive heart failure. In her 79 years, Taylor garnered five Oscar nominations, won two Academy Awards, married eight times, and raised hundreds of million of dollars to fight AIDS. Here, we look back at her legacy, in pictures.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How to live a long life, according to science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- The real lesson of the looming Martha Coakley disaster
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Sorry, we will not all be having sex with robots in the future
Subscribe to the Week