On March 23, Elizabeth Taylor, the iconic actress known for her great beauty and volatile, emotional performances in films like Cat on a Hot Tin Roof and Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?, died of congestive heart failure. In her 79 years, Taylor garnered five Oscar nominations, won two Academy Awards, married eight times, and raised hundreds of million of dollars to fight AIDS. Here, we look back at her legacy, in pictures.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- 10 things you need to know today: December 18, 2014
- Capitalism isn't a cure-all for Cuba
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- The liberation of Barack Obama
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
Subscribe to the Week