On March 23, Elizabeth Taylor, the iconic actress known for her great beauty and volatile, emotional performances in films like Cat on a Hot Tin Roof and Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?, died of congestive heart failure. In her 79 years, Taylor garnered five Oscar nominations, won two Academy Awards, married eight times, and raised hundreds of million of dollars to fight AIDS. Here, we look back at her legacy, in pictures.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- Why Peter Capaldi has a bigger challenge than any Doctor Who in history
- The secret to Gabrielle Hamilton's amazing grilled cheese sandwiches
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why Halbig and the conservative war on ObamaCare will fail
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
Subscribe to the Week