n March 23, Elizabeth Taylor, the iconic actress known for her great beauty and volatile, emotional performances in films like Cat on a Hot Tin Roof and Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?, died of congestive heart failure. In her 79 years, Taylor garnered five Oscar nominations, won two Academy Awards, married eight times, and raised hundreds of million of dollars to fight AIDS. Here, we look back at her legacy, in pictures.
- 4 secret societies you probably don't know about
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- This is the twistiest tongue twister ever, says science
- The secrets of happy families
- Battle in a blizzard
- How to stick it to the poor: A congressional strategy
- Did God have a wife?
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Why Newt Gingrich is getting flak for defending Nelson Mandela
- 7 health benefits of playing video games
Subscribe to the Week