uesday was a bad day for "Mad Men" fans. AMC announced that the show's fifth season — scheduled to premiere this summer — would be delayed until 2012 due to protracted negotiations between AMC, Lionsgate, and the show's creator and executive producer, Matthew Weiner. Reportedly, a major sticking point is a demand that Weiner eliminate (or reduce) the roles of between two and six of the show's characters. Who could the show go on without? Commentators weigh in...
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Why is it so expensive to build a bridge in America?
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The GOP must try to win over African-Americans
- What would a U.S.-China war look like?
Subscribe to the Week