Tuesday was a bad day for "Mad Men" fans. AMC announced that the show's fifth season — scheduled to premiere this summer — would be delayed until 2012 due to protracted negotiations between AMC, Lionsgate, and the show's creator and executive producer, Matthew Weiner. Reportedly, a major sticking point is a demand that Weiner eliminate (or reduce) the roles of between two and six of the show's characters. Who could the show go on without? Commentators weigh in...
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 10 things you need to know today: October 22, 2014
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Secret Service stretched mission to protect employee, report finds
- How to make corn dogs
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
Subscribe to the Week