uesday was a bad day for "Mad Men" fans. AMC announced that the show's fifth season — scheduled to premiere this summer — would be delayed until 2012 due to protracted negotiations between AMC, Lionsgate, and the show's creator and executive producer, Matthew Weiner. Reportedly, a major sticking point is a demand that Weiner eliminate (or reduce) the roles of between two and six of the show's characters. Who could the show go on without? Commentators weigh in...
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- How conservatives learned to hate Hollywood
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Texas has been holding this man hostage for 12,600 days
- Why Holy Thursday is so important to Christians
- 10 things you need to know today: April 17, 2014
- The 6-year-old who woke up from a coma with a different personality
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
Subscribe to the Week