Tuesday was a bad day for "Mad Men" fans. AMC announced that the show's fifth season — scheduled to premiere this summer — would be delayed until 2012 due to protracted negotiations between AMC, Lionsgate, and the show's creator and executive producer, Matthew Weiner. Reportedly, a major sticking point is a demand that Weiner eliminate (or reduce) the roles of between two and six of the show's characters. Who could the show go on without? Commentators weigh in...
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Why does Fareed Zakaria still have a job?
- 7 tips for keeping your man (from the 1950s)
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Does solar energy have a battery problem?
- 4 simple steaks you can cook in a pan
- How the elderly are treated around the world
Subscribe to the Week