etween the extra airline fees and those disconcerting pat-downs, it may not be the best time for world travel. But for some Americans, an international feel is as close as their residences. Taking inspiration from five different cultures, these estates mix the comforts of home with the allure of distant lands. Here's a look at six of the market's best.
For more information regarding the availability of the homes in this slideshow, please contact the realty companies listed.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why Good Friday is so important to Christians
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why Holy Thursday is so important to Christians
Subscribe to the Week