etween the extra airline fees and those disconcerting pat-downs, it may not be the best time for world travel. But for some Americans, an international feel is as close as their residences. Taking inspiration from five different cultures, these estates mix the comforts of home with the allure of distant lands. Here's a look at six of the market's best.
For more information regarding the availability of the homes in this slideshow, please contact the realty companies listed.
- The indignity of canine bath time
- Watch The Daily Show definitively prove that corporations are not people
- Is it possible to live forever?
- Remembering Nelson Mandela: A tribute in photos and prose
- No, Obama doesn't have to fire everybody in the White House
- How to make the perfect hot chocolate
- Why income inequality has become the Democratic Party's top issue
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
- How America's unions can reinvent themselves in the new economy
Subscribe to the Week