Between the extra airline fees and those disconcerting pat-downs, it may not be the best time for world travel. But for some Americans, an international feel is as close as their residences. Taking inspiration from five different cultures, these estates mix the comforts of home with the allure of distant lands. Here's a look at six of the market's best.
For more information regarding the availability of the homes in this slideshow, please contact the realty companies listed.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 8 ways a simple notebook can change your life
- How Block the Boat is fighting the Israeli government — in California
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
Subscribe to the Week