When it comes to planning for the day of reckoning, those conscious of their carbon footprints naturally want coffins that leave as little evidence of their existence as possible. Result: A growing array of green-friendly coffins designed to reduce the number of wooden boxes festering unproductively in the ground. From wool to banana leaf, here are seven of the greenest ways to go out:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- 10 things you need to know today: October 31, 2014
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Sorry, we will not all be having sex with robots in the future
Subscribe to the Week