When it comes to planning for the day of reckoning, those conscious of their carbon footprints naturally want coffins that leave as little evidence of their existence as possible. Result: A growing array of green-friendly coffins designed to reduce the number of wooden boxes festering unproductively in the ground. From wool to banana leaf, here are seven of the greenest ways to go out:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- How to make corn dogs
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
Subscribe to the Week