hen it comes to planning for the day of reckoning, those conscious of their carbon footprints naturally want coffins that leave as little evidence of their existence as possible. Result: A growing array of green-friendly coffins designed to reduce the number of wooden boxes festering unproductively in the ground. From wool to banana leaf, here are seven of the greenest ways to go out:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Attack of the invasive species
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- 10 things you need to know today: April 19, 2014
- How Captain America won over China
- When will the Big One strike California?
Subscribe to the Week