Weekend talking points: 7 top stories - April 15, 2011
What happened this week? Washington's budget battle raged on. John Boehner lost his grip on the House GOP caucus. And Libya remained mired in stalemate
Some House Republicans turned on Speaker John Boehner this week as the budget battles continue in Congress. Jeff Malet/Maletphoto.com
lick inside for a rundown of the biggest news events — and reactions to them — that transpired over the last seven days.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- How Community's Dean Pelton broke new ground for sexual politics on television
- Why Holy Thursday is so important to Christians
- The 6-year-old who woke up from a coma with a different personality
Subscribe to the Week