Weekend talking points: 7 top stories - April 15, 2011
What happened this week? Washington's budget battle raged on. John Boehner lost his grip on the House GOP caucus. And Libya remained mired in stalemate
Some House Republicans turned on Speaker John Boehner this week as the budget battles continue in Congress. Jeff Malet/Maletphoto.com
Click inside for a rundown of the biggest news events — and reactions to them — that transpired over the last seven days.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- Hey, grammar nerds! Stop freaking out about 'alot.'
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- The elusive 'It factor' in presidential politics
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- The next pandemic
Subscribe to the Week