n 2009, NASA launched the Wide-field Infrared Survey Explorer, or WISE, on a mission to capture images of the entire sky with an infrared telescope. In the 14 month since its launch, WISE has captured 2.5 million images, and made a host of new discoveries, including 33,000 new asteroids and 20 comets. NASA has just released some of WISE's amazing shots to the public. Here, nine "spectacular," out-of-this-world images.
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
- How did Love Actually become so controversial? A theory
- Watch The Daily Show mock the NSA and the gamers they're spying on
- The secrets of happy families
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- The indignity of canine bath time
- The U.S. auto bailout is officially over. Here's what America lost and gained.
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Antarctica recently experienced the coldest day in recorded history
- 32 TV shows to watch in 2013 [Updated]
Subscribe to the Week