Ah, the white picket fence: The quintessential American suburban dream. These see-through barriers don't necessarily hide anything, but rather accentuate a well-tended lawn, a peaceful home, and, perhaps, the nuclear family that dwells inside. Step into the familial dream with five of the market's best.
For more information regarding the availability of the homes in this slideshow, please contact the realty companies listed.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How Israel's hawks intimidated and silenced the last remnants of the anti-war left
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 10 things you need to know today: August 21, 2014
- Why your employer should clean your house and do your laundry
- Don't listen to Paul Ryan: The GOP is still the party of makers and takers
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The big policy question libertarians can't answer
Subscribe to the Week