Ah, the white picket fence: The quintessential American suburban dream. These see-through barriers don't necessarily hide anything, but rather accentuate a well-tended lawn, a peaceful home, and, perhaps, the nuclear family that dwells inside. Step into the familial dream with five of the market's best.
For more information regarding the availability of the homes in this slideshow, please contact the realty companies listed.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- 10 things you need to know today: October 25, 2014
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How foreign aid screwed up Liberia's ability to fight Ebola
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
Subscribe to the Week