Weekend talking points: 7 top stories - April 22, 2011
What happened this week? President Obama caught some tough breaks. Americans stewed over taxes. And more people started taking Donald Trump seriously
While President Obama has suffered through a rough week, violence escalated in the Middle East, and Donald Trump teased out more presidential rumors,. Corbis
Click inside for a rundown of the biggest news events — and reactions to them — that transpired over the last seven days.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
Subscribe to the Week