Weekend talking points: 7 top stories - April 22, 2011
What happened this week? President Obama caught some tough breaks. Americans stewed over taxes. And more people started taking Donald Trump seriously
While President Obama has suffered through a rough week, violence escalated in the Middle East, and Donald Trump teased out more presidential rumors,. Corbis
Click inside for a rundown of the biggest news events — and reactions to them — that transpired over the last seven days.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Bob Odenkirk's 6 favorite books
- The stories behind 22 classic album covers
Subscribe to the Week