Even as NATO steps up airstrikes on his Tripoli compound, Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi reportedly has bigger things on his mind... like fashion. A New York Times writer recently received a strange, possibly fake letter from a man claiming to be an aid to Libya's Minister for Culture and Ethnic Affairs. According to the letter, Libyan officials have been trying to arrange a 2013 retrospective of Gadhafi's best fashions at the Metropolitan Museum of Art. While it seems unlikely that will happen, there's no question that the African despot has a unique style, one that's been likened to "Lacroix, Liberace, Phil Spector (for hair), Snoopy, and Idi Amin." Take a look.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 10 things you need to know today: July 31, 2014
- 8 secrets to steal from power networkers
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
Subscribe to the Week