ven as NATO steps up airstrikes on his Tripoli compound, Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi reportedly has bigger things on his mind... like fashion. A New York Times writer recently received a strange, possibly fake letter from a man claiming to be an aid to Libya's Minister for Culture and Ethnic Affairs. According to the letter, Libyan officials have been trying to arrange a 2013 retrospective of Gadhafi's best fashions at the Metropolitan Museum of Art. While it seems unlikely that will happen, there's no question that the African despot has a unique style, one that's been likened to "Lacroix, Liberace, Phil Spector (for hair), Snoopy, and Idi Amin." Take a look.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
Subscribe to the Week