Weekend talking points: 7 top stories - April 29, 2011
What happened this week? Royals wed spectacularly, Obama attempted to silence birthers (and Donald Trump), and historically violent storms rocked the South
This week the world welcomed the modern era of Briton's monarchy; Obama shared his birth certificate; Trump stayed on top; Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke spoke to the public; Tornados ripped the South; violence escalated in Syria; the U.S. questioned the Palestine peace deal. Getty
Click inside for a rundown of the biggest news events — and reactions to them — that transpired over the last seven days.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Chuck Hagel was a huge mistake
- What would it take for humans to build a settlement on Mars?
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: November 24, 2014
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 5 quick things you can do today to boost your creativity
- Want to eliminate the scourge of frat culture? Lower the drinking age.
- House hunting: 7 stunning castles in Europe
Subscribe to the Week