Weekend talking points: 7 top stories - April 29, 2011
What happened this week? Royals wed spectacularly, Obama attempted to silence birthers (and Donald Trump), and historically violent storms rocked the South
This week the world welcomed the modern era of Briton's monarchy; Obama shared his birth certificate; Trump stayed on top; Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke spoke to the public; Tornados ripped the South; violence escalated in Syria; the U.S. questioned the Palestine peace deal. Getty
Click inside for a rundown of the biggest news events — and reactions to them — that transpired over the last seven days.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- How Scotland's independence movement lost the vote and still won everything
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- Obama knows he can't really 'defeat' ISIS. Americans need to wake up to that reality, too.
- California's epic drought
Subscribe to the Week