Weekend talking points: 7 top stories - April 29, 2011
What happened this week? Royals wed spectacularly, Obama attempted to silence birthers (and Donald Trump), and historically violent storms rocked the South
This week the world welcomed the modern era of Briton's monarchy; Obama shared his birth certificate; Trump stayed on top; Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke spoke to the public; Tornados ripped the South; violence escalated in Syria; the U.S. questioned the Palestine peace deal. Getty
Click inside for a rundown of the biggest news events — and reactions to them — that transpired over the last seven days.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Secret Service stretched mission to protect employee, report finds
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 10 things you need to know today: October 22, 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to make corn dogs
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- For the GOP, gay marriage could be the most important issue in 2016
Subscribe to the Week