Weekend talking points: 7 top stories - April 29, 2011
What happened this week? Royals wed spectacularly, Obama attempted to silence birthers (and Donald Trump), and historically violent storms rocked the South
This week the world welcomed the modern era of Briton's monarchy; Obama shared his birth certificate; Trump stayed on top; Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke spoke to the public; Tornados ripped the South; violence escalated in Syria; the U.S. questioned the Palestine peace deal. Getty
lick inside for a rundown of the biggest news events — and reactions to them — that transpired over the last seven days.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The Daily Show's Aasif Mandvi dismantles another ObamaCare myth
- Is the Republican Party in danger of dying out?
Subscribe to the Week