Weekend talking points: 7 top stories - April 29, 2011
What happened this week? Royals wed spectacularly, Obama attempted to silence birthers (and Donald Trump), and historically violent storms rocked the South
This week the world welcomed the modern era of Briton's monarchy; Obama shared his birth certificate; Trump stayed on top; Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke spoke to the public; Tornados ripped the South; violence escalated in Syria; the U.S. questioned the Palestine peace deal. Getty
lick inside for a rundown of the biggest news events — and reactions to them — that transpired over the last seven days.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- The 6-year-old who woke up from a coma with a different personality
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- How Captain America won over China
Subscribe to the Week