ord began leaking Sunday evening: A major announcement was coming from the White House. Finally, the president addressed the nation live. "Tonight, I can report to the American people and to the world that the United States has conducted an operation that killed Osama bin Laden, the leader of al Qaeda, and a terrorist who’s responsible for the murder of thousands of innocent men, women, and children." The reaction to his words, as documented in these photos, was immediate and irrepressibly buoyant.
- Are differences in IQ to blame for income inequality?
- Australia just scrapped its debt ceiling. America should, too.
- Watch The Daily Show pit Pope Francis against Fox News' 'War on Christmas'
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
- How to dramatically improve your memory
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- 10 things you need to know today: December 4, 2013
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- A short history of Popes sneaking out of the Vatican
- 10 works of literature that were exceptionally hard to write
Subscribe to the Week