All the pretty horses: A photo guide to the Kentucky Derby lineup
The legendary race runs this weekened. Check out the competition
Kentucky Derby hopeful Mucho Macho Man takes a practice run around the track at Churchill Downs, in Louisville, Ky.; he will join 19 the horses for the coveted title this weekend. REUTERS/Jeff Hayes
Saturday marks the 137th running of the Kentucky Derby. This year's field of horses is one of the slowest in decades, but they're still good to look at. Here, a gallery of some, but not all, of the contenders headed for the starting gate.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- Why you probably don't have Ebola — even if you shook hands with America's 'patient zero'
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Bill O'Reilly and Stephen Colbert are accidentally having a serious debate on ISIS
Subscribe to the Week