All the pretty horses: A photo guide to the Kentucky Derby lineup
The legendary race runs this weekened. Check out the competition
Kentucky Derby hopeful Mucho Macho Man takes a practice run around the track at Churchill Downs, in Louisville, Ky.; he will join 19 the horses for the coveted title this weekend. REUTERS/Jeff Hayes
Saturday marks the 137th running of the Kentucky Derby. This year's field of horses is one of the slowest in decades, but they're still good to look at. Here, a gallery of some, but not all, of the contenders headed for the starting gate.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Pope Francis' American problem
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- 10 things you need to know today: December 20, 2014
Subscribe to the Week