All the pretty horses: A photo guide to the Kentucky Derby lineup
The legendary race runs this weekened. Check out the competition
Kentucky Derby hopeful Mucho Macho Man takes a practice run around the track at Churchill Downs, in Louisville, Ky.; he will join 19 the horses for the coveted title this weekend. REUTERS/Jeff Hayes
Saturday marks the 137th running of the Kentucky Derby. This year's field of horses is one of the slowest in decades, but they're still good to look at. Here, a gallery of some, but not all, of the contenders headed for the starting gate.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- Secret Service stretched mission to protect employee, report finds
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
Subscribe to the Week