fter 25 years of marriage and four children, former California governor Arnold Schwarzenegger and TV journalist Maria Shriver announced their separation on Monday. They wed in 1986 after the bodybuilder-turned actor had scored breakthough roles in Conan the Barbarian and The Terminator. The unlikely pair — Schwarzenegger is a Republican, and Shriver is Democratic royalty as a member of the Kennedy clan — made a winning team when Schwarzenegger ran for office in 2003 and Shriver stumped for him on the way to the statehouse. Now they join a long list of political power couples to fall apart in the public eye. Here are seven more:
- How does chocolate milk stack up as a sports drink?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Acxiom Corp: The 'faceless organization that knows everything about you'
- Cul-de-sacs are killing America
- How did Love Actually become so controversial? A theory
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- This is the twistiest tongue twister ever, says science
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
- The secrets of happy families
Subscribe to the Week