Forget cramped houseboats or crowded cruise ships: For these homeowners, a water-adjacent life includes comfort, privacy, harbor views, and landscaped lawns. Situated along lake fronts and the nation's coast lines, these homes embrace a nautical dimension with no threat of sea-sickness.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- This is why you can't trust the NSA. Ever.
- Innocent before proven guilty? The bizarre bipartisan rush to clear Rick Perry
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 10 things you need to know today: August 22, 2014
- Don't listen to Paul Ryan: The GOP is still the party of makers and takers
- ISIS and the echoes of the West's religious terror
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
- What's wrong with Europe’s economy?
- The single best way to help your kid succeed at school
- 7 of the scariest spiders in existence
Subscribe to the Week