Forget cramped houseboats or crowded cruise ships: For these homeowners, a water-adjacent life includes comfort, privacy, harbor views, and landscaped lawns. Situated along lake fronts and the nation's coast lines, these homes embrace a nautical dimension with no threat of sea-sickness.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- What if The Purge was real?
- Why America is duty bound to help Iraqi Christians
- Israel has only two choices: Eliminate the Palestinians or make peace
- What I learned from totally unplugging and shutting up for three days
Subscribe to the Week