Forget cramped houseboats or crowded cruise ships: For these homeowners, a water-adjacent life includes comfort, privacy, harbor views, and landscaped lawns. Situated along lake fronts and the nation's coast lines, these homes embrace a nautical dimension with no threat of sea-sickness.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week