Despite a two-week delay, the Space Shuttle Endeavour triumphantly blasted off for the final time Monday at the Kennedy Space Center in Florida. Hundreds of thousands were on hand to watch the Endeavour's last liftoff, including recovering Rep. Gabrielle Giffords (D-Ariz.), whose husband, Mark Kelly, is the mission's commander. As the shuttle makes its last journey to the International Space Station, we look back on its life, in pictures.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 10 things you need to know today: October 25, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Everything you need to know about the voter ID controversy
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
Subscribe to the Week