Despite a two-week delay, the Space Shuttle Endeavour triumphantly blasted off for the final time Monday at the Kennedy Space Center in Florida. Hundreds of thousands were on hand to watch the Endeavour's last liftoff, including recovering Rep. Gabrielle Giffords (D-Ariz.), whose husband, Mark Kelly, is the mission's commander. As the shuttle makes its last journey to the International Space Station, we look back on its life, in pictures.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- 9 Harvard dropouts who became fabulously successful
- Why baseball is America's most dangerous spectator sport
- The real reason conservatives should be outraged that police killed a white youth
Subscribe to the Week