Despite a two-week delay, the Space Shuttle Endeavour triumphantly blasted off for the final time Monday at the Kennedy Space Center in Florida. Hundreds of thousands were on hand to watch the Endeavour's last liftoff, including recovering Rep. Gabrielle Giffords (D-Ariz.), whose husband, Mark Kelly, is the mission's commander. As the shuttle makes its last journey to the International Space Station, we look back on its life, in pictures.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Republicans love this new health care plan. Too bad it's basically a tax cut for the rich.
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- Adam Sandler's 'Thanksgiving Song': Explaining the 22-year-old tune's pop-culture references
- 17 old proverbs we should use more often
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Don't blame Chuck Hagel: Obama's foreign policy has been a disaster from end to end
- 13 vegetarian dishes for Thanksgiving
Subscribe to the Week