Forbes has released its annual rankings of the "world's most powerful celebrities" — officially known as the "Celebrity 100 List." The rankings are based on earnings, as well as presence in the press and social media. This year, the ubiquitous Lady Gaga came out on top, unseating the not-quite-as-ubiquitous Oprah from the #1 spot. Click through this slideshow to see more surprising highlights...
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- These real-life Rosie the Riveters changed the face of labor
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 9 Harvard dropouts who became fabulously successful
Subscribe to the Week