orbes has released its annual rankings of the "world's most powerful celebrities" — officially known as the "Celebrity 100 List." The rankings are based on earnings, as well as presence in the press and social media. This year, the ubiquitous Lady Gaga came out on top, unseating the not-quite-as-ubiquitous Oprah from the #1 spot. Click through this slideshow to see more surprising highlights...
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- Why states should stop limiting the alcohol content in your beer
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- 10 things you need to know today: March 8, 2014
Subscribe to the Week