Forbes has released its annual rankings of the "world's most powerful celebrities" — officially known as the "Celebrity 100 List." The rankings are based on earnings, as well as presence in the press and social media. This year, the ubiquitous Lady Gaga came out on top, unseating the not-quite-as-ubiquitous Oprah from the #1 spot. Click through this slideshow to see more surprising highlights...
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Vox, derp, and the intellectual stagnation of the left
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
- 8 of our favorite ridiculously long German words
Subscribe to the Week