Forbes has released its annual rankings of the "world's most powerful celebrities" — officially known as the "Celebrity 100 List." The rankings are based on earnings, as well as presence in the press and social media. This year, the ubiquitous Lady Gaga came out on top, unseating the not-quite-as-ubiquitous Oprah from the #1 spot. Click through this slideshow to see more surprising highlights...
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 10 things you need to know today: October 25, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Why the government should pay every American child an allowance
- Everything you need to know about the voter ID controversy
Subscribe to the Week