Forbes has released its annual rankings of the "world's most powerful celebrities" — officially known as the "Celebrity 100 List." The rankings are based on earnings, as well as presence in the press and social media. This year, the ubiquitous Lady Gaga came out on top, unseating the not-quite-as-ubiquitous Oprah from the #1 spot. Click through this slideshow to see more surprising highlights...
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
Subscribe to the Week