There's something decidedly American about the open road and a motorcycle (Italian and Japanese makes notwithstanding). No wonder many a politician has hopped on a Harley for a rugged photo op. On Sunday, a leather-clad Sarah Palin became the latest, cruising through Washington D.C. on the back of a hog. Here, six other politicians who blazed the trail before her.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The most sensible GOP alternative to ObamaCare comes from a Senate candidate who is almost sure to lose
- Painting the universe's portrait
- 'Having it all' has officially jumped the shark
Subscribe to the Week