There's something decidedly American about the open road and a motorcycle (Italian and Japanese makes notwithstanding). No wonder many a politician has hopped on a Harley for a rugged photo op. On Sunday, a leather-clad Sarah Palin became the latest, cruising through Washington D.C. on the back of a hog. Here, six other politicians who blazed the trail before her.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- How Harry Houdini escaped death
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- On ISIS, neocons and liberal hawks have a 'boy who cried wolf' problem
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
Subscribe to the Week