There's something decidedly American about the open road and a motorcycle (Italian and Japanese makes notwithstanding). No wonder many a politician has hopped on a Harley for a rugged photo op. On Sunday, a leather-clad Sarah Palin became the latest, cruising through Washington D.C. on the back of a hog. Here, six other politicians who blazed the trail before her.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- You should be furious about Hollywood's gutless retreat on The Interview
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Capitalism isn't a cure-all for Cuba
- 10 things you need to know today: December 18, 2014
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
Subscribe to the Week