There's something decidedly American about the open road and a motorcycle (Italian and Japanese makes notwithstanding). No wonder many a politician has hopped on a Harley for a rugged photo op. On Sunday, a leather-clad Sarah Palin became the latest, cruising through Washington D.C. on the back of a hog. Here, six other politicians who blazed the trail before her.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- What the Romney boomlet says about the establishment GOP's feeble 2016 field
- 10 innovative furniture designs that brilliantly save you space
- Christian conservatives have a terrifying new bogeyman: The Christian leftist
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 5 innovative uses for baking soda
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
Subscribe to the Week