There's something decidedly American about the open road and a motorcycle (Italian and Japanese makes notwithstanding). No wonder many a politician has hopped on a Harley for a rugged photo op. On Sunday, a leather-clad Sarah Palin became the latest, cruising through Washington D.C. on the back of a hog. Here, six other politicians who blazed the trail before her.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Bob Odenkirk's 6 favorite books
- Paul Krugman, Amazon, and the left's backwards view of book-industry titans
- The stories behind 22 classic album covers
Subscribe to the Week