Rep. Anthony Weiner (D-N.Y.) is being hounded by calls to resign in the wake of his "Weinergate" sexting scandal, and even if he hangs on to his congressional seat, his long-held dream of becoming mayor of New York City seems dashed for good. But Weiner's no pioneer when it comes to political sex scandals. Inappropriately lustful statesmen have suffered irreparable damage throughout American history. Here are eight.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How I lost all my money
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Ismail Kadare's 6 favorite books
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- Capitalism isn't a cure-all for Cuba
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
Subscribe to the Week