Rep. Anthony Weiner (D-N.Y.) is being hounded by calls to resign in the wake of his "Weinergate" sexting scandal, and even if he hangs on to his congressional seat, his long-held dream of becoming mayor of New York City seems dashed for good. But Weiner's no pioneer when it comes to political sex scandals. Inappropriately lustful statesmen have suffered irreparable damage throughout American history. Here are eight.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- How to trim $500 from your monthly spending
- Comic-Con 2014: Everything we learned about Avengers 2, Batman v. Superman, and more
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- Are there too many good shows on television?
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- The forgotten victims of the war in Ukraine
- The big, gaping hole in the liberal policy arsenal
Subscribe to the Week