Rep. Anthony Weiner (D-N.Y.) is being hounded by calls to resign in the wake of his "Weinergate" sexting scandal, and even if he hangs on to his congressional seat, his long-held dream of becoming mayor of New York City seems dashed for good. But Weiner's no pioneer when it comes to political sex scandals. Inappropriately lustful statesmen have suffered irreparable damage throughout American history. Here are eight.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Why America needs more billionaires
Subscribe to the Week