ep. Anthony Weiner (D-N.Y.) is being hounded by calls to resign in the wake of his "Weinergate" sexting scandal, and even if he hangs on to his congressional seat, his long-held dream of becoming mayor of New York City seems dashed for good. But Weiner's no pioneer when it comes to political sex scandals. Inappropriately lustful statesmen have suffered irreparable damage throughout American history. Here are eight.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- 10 things you need to know today: March 8, 2014
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Is the Republican Party in danger of dying out?
- The week's best photojournalism
Subscribe to the Week