ast weekend, a 4-year-old Australian girl named Aelita Andre became the youngest artist ever to have a solo exhibition of her work at a Chelsea art gallery in New York City. The ostentatiously youthful painter has sold examples of her abstract, exuberant art for upwards of $30,000, and been praised for her "great colors, great movement, great composition." She's just the latest in a string of pint-sized art world prodigies. Here are six others:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
Subscribe to the Week