Last weekend, a 4-year-old Australian girl named Aelita Andre became the youngest artist ever to have a solo exhibition of her work at a Chelsea art gallery in New York City. The ostentatiously youthful painter has sold examples of her abstract, exuberant art for upwards of $30,000, and been praised for her "great colors, great movement, great composition." She's just the latest in a string of pint-sized art world prodigies. Here are six others:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 7 tips for keeping your man (from the 1950s)
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 4 simple steaks you can cook in a pan
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Does solar energy have a battery problem?
- 10 ways to gain real superpowers that will change your life
- Why does Fareed Zakaria still have a job?
Subscribe to the Week