ast weekend, a 4-year-old Australian girl named Aelita Andre became the youngest artist ever to have a solo exhibition of her work at a Chelsea art gallery in New York City. The ostentatiously youthful painter has sold examples of her abstract, exuberant art for upwards of $30,000, and been praised for her "great colors, great movement, great composition." She's just the latest in a string of pint-sized art world prodigies. Here are six others:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- Attack of the invasive species
- These stunning travel photos remind us that we're all just amateurs with iPhones
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- Why Good Friday is so important to Christians
Subscribe to the Week