Last weekend, a 4-year-old Australian girl named Aelita Andre became the youngest artist ever to have a solo exhibition of her work at a Chelsea art gallery in New York City. The ostentatiously youthful painter has sold examples of her abstract, exuberant art for upwards of $30,000, and been praised for her "great colors, great movement, great composition." She's just the latest in a string of pint-sized art world prodigies. Here are six others:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- Bob Odenkirk's 6 favorite books
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week