The traditional TV season, which runs from September to May, is over. But don't despair! While it used to be that summer programming was reserved for cheap reality series, cheesy soap operas, and unwanted leftovers that didn't make the cut the previous fall, this year's summer lineup looks promising. From a new "gonzo" season of True Blood to the "science fiction extravaganza" Falling Skies, here are summer's 10 best bets.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- China's leader is telling the People's Liberation Army to prepare for war
- The best books we read in 2014
- How I lost all my money
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- How to save money: 12 great personal finance tips
- The religious right isn't retreating — it's reforming
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How to wrap a present with mathematical precision (and waste less paper)
Subscribe to the Week