The traditional TV season, which runs from September to May, is over. But don't despair! While it used to be that summer programming was reserved for cheap reality series, cheesy soap operas, and unwanted leftovers that didn't make the cut the previous fall, this year's summer lineup looks promising. From a new "gonzo" season of True Blood to the "science fiction extravaganza" Falling Skies, here are summer's 10 best bets.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 10 things you need to know today: October 21, 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- Paul Krugman, Amazon, and the left's backwards view of book-industry titans
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
Subscribe to the Week