The traditional TV season, which runs from September to May, is over. But don't despair! While it used to be that summer programming was reserved for cheap reality series, cheesy soap operas, and unwanted leftovers that didn't make the cut the previous fall, this year's summer lineup looks promising. From a new "gonzo" season of True Blood to the "science fiction extravaganza" Falling Skies, here are summer's 10 best bets.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: October 1, 2014
- The troubling persistence of eugenicist thought in modern America
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- Bill O'Reilly and Stephen Colbert are accidentally having a serious debate on ISIS
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week