The traditional TV season, which runs from September to May, is over. But don't despair! While it used to be that summer programming was reserved for cheap reality series, cheesy soap operas, and unwanted leftovers that didn't make the cut the previous fall, this year's summer lineup looks promising. From a new "gonzo" season of True Blood to the "science fiction extravaganza" Falling Skies, here are summer's 10 best bets.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- 8 secrets to steal from power networkers
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- Don't vote for Andrew Cuomo
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- How The Killing survived two cancellations and ended on its own terms
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How to make classic pulled pork
Subscribe to the Week