he traditional TV season, which runs from September to May, is over. But don't despair! While it used to be that summer programming was reserved for cheap reality series, cheesy soap operas, and unwanted leftovers that didn't make the cut the previous fall, this year's summer lineup looks promising. From a new "gonzo" season of True Blood to the "science fiction extravaganza" Falling Skies, here are summer's 10 best bets.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- Why is American internet so slow?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- Can Rand Paul avoid the Neville Chamberlain trap?
- Why is it so expensive to build a bridge in America?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- To build the Death Star, we'll need this space elevator
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
Subscribe to the Week