Life in the West doesn't have to be so wild anymore. These historic homes, whether tucked into Wyoming's Teton mountains or situated in a Colorado meadow, combine contemporary elegance with old-world charm, and offer a comfy reprieve for even the hardest-working cowboy. Here, a look at six of the best homes the Old West has to offer.
For more information regarding the availability of the homes in this slideshow, please contact the realty companies listed.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- The real story behind The Conjuring and four other horror movies 'based on a true story'
Subscribe to the Week