ike many a Greek, Loukanikos is firmly opposed to government overreach, new austerity measures, and police brutality, and he's willing to take to the streets early and often to make his voice heard. But unlike most protesters, Loukanikos — Greek for "Sausage" — is a dog. He's also one of the better-known, and oft-photographed, demonstrators in a country known for its passionate, sometimes violent protests. Last week, Loukanikos was again in the thick of it, as police fired tear gas at demonstrators. It was just one of many protest appearances the "rebellious stray" has made since 2008. Click through the slideshow to see him in action.
- 4 secret societies you probably don't know about
- Did God have a wife?
- How to stick it to the poor: A congressional strategy
- 10 things you need to know today: December 9, 2013
- Homeland recap: 'Big Man in Tehran'
- Watch SNL delightfully mess with all your childhood Christmas favorites
- 7 strange things found in people's stomachs [Updated]
- Here's how crazy-long German words are made
- Rick Santorum wins the prize for the worst Nelson Mandela tribute
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
Subscribe to the Week