rom the Beach Boys' "California Girls" in 1965 to Katy Perry's "California Gurls" last year, summers have always had that one ubiquitous earworm that ends up defining the sun-soaked season. What tune will be crowned 2011’s "Song of the Summer"? Here are some early contenders.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- Why Good Friday is so important to Christians
Subscribe to the Week