rom the Beach Boys' "California Girls" in 1965 to Katy Perry's "California Gurls" last year, summers have always had that one ubiquitous earworm that ends up defining the sun-soaked season. What tune will be crowned 2011’s "Song of the Summer"? Here are some early contenders.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- Why Texas Republicans may want to cool the anti-Obama land-grab talk
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Obama doesn't have a manhood problem — but conservatives certainly do
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why we need a maximum wage
Subscribe to the Week