Medieval times may have been more dark and dreary than our current age of contemporary conveniences, but there is no denying the grand architecture of castles and fortresses inherent to the era. Here, a look at seven homes around the country infusing that bold, gothic style into the modern day.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 8 secrets to steal from power networkers
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- How to make classic pulled pork
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- Don't vote for Andrew Cuomo
Subscribe to the Week