Medieval times may have been more dark and dreary than our current age of contemporary conveniences, but there is no denying the grand architecture of castles and fortresses inherent to the era. Here, a look at seven homes around the country infusing that bold, gothic style into the modern day.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- 10 things you need to know today: December 19, 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Can business succeed where the embargo failed in Cuba?
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
Subscribe to the Week