arlier this week, rocker Tom Petty put the kibosh on Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.) using his "American Girl" as a campaign song during her presidential bid. It's just the latest dustup between a musician and a politician looking for a rousing rally tune on the path to the victory. Here, seven others.
- 10 things you need to know today: December 11, 2013
- Why Republicans shouldn't get too excited over Obama's stumbles
- The last racial taboo
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How does chocolate milk stack up as a sports drink?
- Watch The Daily Show roll its eyes at outrage over Obama's handshake with Raul Castro
- 7 enduring lessons from It's a Wonderful Life
- Watch The Daily Show mock the NSA and the gamers they're spying on
- How did Love Actually become so controversial? A theory
Subscribe to the Week