Earlier this week, rocker Tom Petty put the kibosh on Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.) using his "American Girl" as a campaign song during her presidential bid. It's just the latest dustup between a musician and a politician looking for a rousing rally tune on the path to the victory. Here, seven others.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Dick Cheney's America is an ugly place
- The Hobbit: A disappointing set of movies, but a worthy set of prequels
- America is building a Sunni army in Iraq to take on the Islamic State
- How to make the ultimate grilled cheese
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The liberation of Barack Obama
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- The age of miracles is over — even for the religious
Subscribe to the Week