Not everyone's a Belieber, it seems. The numbers are in on the teen sensation's February Vanity Fair cover, and they're not good. The issue sold just 246,000 copies, making it the lowest-selling Vanity Fair in 12 years. Bieber isn't exactly the first big name to do small sales on the newsstands. Here are eight other cover boy (and girl) fails:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Ban PowerPoint!
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- 16 characters from other languages that make great emoticons
Subscribe to the Week